Bethel Baptist Church
1. The Bible is verbally inspired by God in its original writings. It is truth without any mixture of error and is the sole rule of faith and practice for believers. 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:21;
Matthew 5:18; 1 Corinthians 2:13.
2. There is one living and true God who exists in three Persons--Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
The Father is God, the Son is God and the Holy Spirit is God. John 14:20; Isaiah 9:6; John 1:1,14;
Hebrews 1:8-10; Acts 5:3-4.
3. The Lord Jesus Christ was born of a virgin, lived among us without sin as perfect man and perfect God. Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18-25; Luke 1:26-38
4. Christ arose bodily from the dead, was seen by many including His disciples and ascended unto God the Father. Matthew 28; Mark 16; Luke 24; 1 Corinthians 15; Romans 1:4
5. Christ will return.
The "dead in Christ" shall be resurrected bodily first and those in Christ who are alive at His coming will be "caught up" to meet Him in the air. This resurrection (or "Rapture") not only precedes His return to earth to reign 1,000 years, but also precedes the Tribulation.
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, 5:9
6. All men inherit a depraved, sinful nature and are lost sinners in need of salvation.
Romans 3:9-19; Ephesians 2:1-3
7. God has provided salvation through offering His Son on the cross of Calvary and allowing His blood to be shed for the atonement of our sins. Romans 3:25; Hebrews 9:22
8. We are saved and justified when we recognize ourselves as sinners and we put our trust in Christ as the Son of God and His finished work on the cross of Calvary. Salvation is by grace through faith and nothing else. It is the gift of God. Romans 3:24, 4:5; Ephesians 2:8-9
9. Once saved, we cannot lose our salvation; we are eternally secure in Christ.
John 3:16; Phillipians 1:6; John 10:27-29; Romans 8:38-39
10. We should regularly and consistently remember the Lord's death for us through the observance of the Lord's Supper. 1 Corinthians 11:23-32
All believers, and only believers should baptized by immersion.
Acts 2:41, 19:4-5; Matthew 28:19-20
11. The Bible teaches the eternal blessedness of the saved. John 4:14, 5:24; Ephesians 2:7
12. The grace of God teaches us "to live soberly, righteously, godly."
Looking for the blessed hope of His returning for us. Titus 2:13
Setting "our affection on things above, not on things of the earth."
Collossians 3:2-3, 1 John 2:15-17
Living a life of separation from the world and "unto God."
2 Corinthians 6:14-18; Romans 1:1
13. The Holy Spirit convicts sinners, regenerates, sanctifies, indwells and fills the believer for effective service. John 16:8; Ephesians 5:18